What is Agile project management?
Agile is an iterative and incremental development approach commonly used when delivering complex software projects. Collaboration, continual planning, refinement, and regular deployments build software incrementally from the start of the project, rather than a grand reveal at the end.
Principles of Agile software development
We work to the following principles when delivering custom software projects:
- Customer satisfaction with early and continuous delivery
- Welcome changing requirements
- Working software is delivered frequently
- Close, daily cooperation between business and developers
- Projects utilise motivated individuals, who are trusted
- Face-to-face conversation is encouraged
- Working software is the primary measure of progress
- Sustainable development delivered at a constant pace
- Continuous attention to technical excellence and design
- Simplicity and avoiding unnecessary work is essential
- Best outcomes emerge from self-organising teams
- Regularly reflect on effectiveness, adjusting accordingly
Working with Igale
Our process sets the project up to succeed. We know where Agile projects fail and everything we do during the process is to identify and mitigate these risks. We identify critical success factors and ensure clarity on the processes and procedures required so that everyone knows what is happening and when.
We know that when it comes to projects beyond a certain complexity, articulating what you really mean can be near impossible. Taking the Agile build, test and iterate approach gets to market quicker and reduces the risk of the final solution not being fit for purpose.
Agile is about collaborative working
Agile is all about working collaboratively, and ensuring that all team members have enough time to work on their respective tasks. By pro-actively maintaining a conditioned backlog, and planning in advance when sprint ceremonies will take place, we ensure they are not a daunting task.
With clear communications at the heart of our process we provide constant mentoring, buddying and consulting throughout the project. Agile works when everyone is clear on their role and required timeframes. Our success in delivering Agile projects is no co-incidence.
We work on small user stories first and give a full handover between developers and testers which ensures efficiency. By having hard discussions early on, and ensuring all stakeholders are involved we are able to resolve issues before sprint demonstrations and other project ceremonies avoiding surprises.
Want to find out more about Agile?
With the right culture, and an understanding of the benefits to the whole business Agile projects deliver results quickly and with much greater transparency than other delivery methodologies. Get in touch to explore agile projects for your business.